The Essaouira excursion from Marrakech involves a drive of around 2 hours 40 minutes from Marrakech to this delightful old coastal town. There is a lot to see and do along the way. Only one person is required per tour and departures are guaranteed daily.
You are picked up from your hotel or hostel in Marrakech before 8.00 a.m. and we make our way across the stunning landscapes of the R207 route to the coast. Along the way we shall stop to see the argan trees where small goats clamber up the low branches and feed. Sometimes there are as many as 20 goats sitting up in one tree. It is a fascinating sight and an absolute must when it comes to getting a photo opportunity.
Essaouira is a picturesque and diverse town where you can explore the historic ramparts and visit the Medina full of local artists selling their crafts made of Thuya wood. The ramparts will give you an insight in to how this old seaport village was armed against the threat of invasion. Marquetry still remains a traditional specialty of Essaouira; and another beautiful attraction of the region is its tranquil beach, where you could easily spend a relaxing and peaceful afternoon.
- Departure time: 08:00
- Return time: 18:30
- Discover the beautiful city of Essaouira on a day trip
- Admire the port, the market and the jeweler's quarter
- Enjoy the visit of the beach
- Visit an association of Berber women producing argan oil
What is included?
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Quality service reliability
- All taxes